The College of Medicine offers students the opportunity to explore a variety of different potential paths in their pursuit of an MD degree. The following programs are offered at the Chicago campus:
MD DEGREE PROGRAMS
Clinician-Executive Medicine elective
MD/PhD: The Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP)
MD/MS in BioEngineering
SPECIAL INTEREST / SPECIAL RECOGNITION PROGRAMS
- JAMES SCHOLAR – JS/ISP: The James Scholar Program for Independent Study focuses on supporting and refining research skills among medical students as they develop into physicians and clinical professionals. The program is designed to support outstanding medical student researchers during their M2-M4 years.
- Patient-centered Medicine Program (PCM): The Patient-Centered Medicine (PCM) Scholars Program is one of the first in the nation to explicitly train students to practice patient-centered care. The Program affords students selected as PCM Scholars a unique opportunity to work with culturally and socioeconomically diverse patients from the M1 through the M4 years.
- The UIC COM Mentors Program aims to expose students to a variety of medical specialties and integrate the basic sciences with clinical thinking skills. Interested students are matched with a resident or fellow from a specialty and have the opportunity to enter the clinic and receive hands-on training. This program arose in large part due to expressed student interest, and students who have participated in the program in the past have found it to be a very rewarding experience.
- Summer Craig Research Fellowship: This competitive program provides an exciting opportunity for medical students interested in research to conduct projects under the guidance of the College of Medicine faculty.
- Richardson Scholarship for International Study: Financial support is provided to fourth year students to complete a clinical rotation abroad.
For a more comprehensive listing of programs offered at the College of Medicine and how to apply, please visit the following website: COM Programs.