UIC DIABETES RESEARCH
TRAINING PROGRAM (UIC DRTP)
Diabetes mellitus is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States and training the next generation of researchers is essential for developing new strategies to prevent and improve the treatment of diabetes. The goal of this program is to promote the scientific and professional development of trainees aspiring to a career in diabetes research and medicine. Individualized training and career development plans are created with input from multidisciplinary mentoring teams. In addition to conducting mentored research, fellows participate in research seminars, journal clubs and work-in-progress meetings, and, when appropriate, complete graduate level courses pertinent to their research and career goals, including degree conferring programs (e.g., MS in Clinical and Translational Science, Health Informatics, etc.). Fellows can focus their research and skill developments in basic/mechanistic, translational, clinical, behavioral and/or community-based research.
This program provides closely mentored training in diabetes research in a multidisciplinary environment that values diversity. The largest university in the Chicago area, UIC provides outstanding resources for training in basic, clinical, translational, and behavioral and community-based research targeting diabetes.
The UICDRTP has been awarded a National Institutes of Health T32 Training Grant that provides support for up to 3 years of post-doctoral training for post-doctoral fellows (M.D., Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent), including support for stipends, educational and training experiences. Opportunities also are available to interested individuals at other levels of experience, including undergraduate, graduate, and medical students.
PRIMARY AFFILIATED PROGRAMS
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.