APPLICATION PROCESS AND INTERVIEW DAY
- We require our applicants to have graduated from medical school within the last 4 years.
- We do not publish our minimum USMLE score criteria.
- The program only sponsors J-1 visas.
- In order to be ranked on the NRMP match list, all interviewed applicants must pass both Step 1 andStep 2 USMLE or COMLEX clinical knowledge exams.
- 30 Categorical Medicine positions
- 10 Preliminary Medicine positions
Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS)
The Department of Medicine will only accept applications via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). The following documents should accompany the MyERAS application:
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Transcript from medical school
- Letters of recommendation
- One letter from Department of Medicine Chair (not required for Preliminary Applicants)
- One letter from an Internal Med Attending
- Optional additional letter from any other faculty with whom you have worked
- USMLE Scores (Step 1 and Step 2 CK)
- COMLEX scores can be submitted by Osteopathic applicants
- ECFMG Certificate (if International Applicant) – You must be ECFMG certified prior to any interview.
- OPTIONAL – One letter from any Attending
Supplemental ERAS Application
- For the 2022 ERAS® cycle, our program will encourage all applicants to complete the Supplemental ERAS application, offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program.
- Please bookmark the supplemental ERAS application section of the AAMC website to find the latest information, FAQs, and resources.
- This additional information will help our program staff learn more about your medical education journey, including more meaningful information about your work, volunteer, and research experiences, and for us to better identify applicants who fit our program environment and mission.
- This supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform outside the MyERAS application and must be completed between September 1 and September 30, 2022.
The program has scheduled 26 interview days from 11:30am – 4:30pm on the following Thursdays and Fridays:
- October 20,21,27, and 28
- November 3,4,10,11,17, and 18
- December 1,2,8,9,15, and 16
- January 5,6,12,13,19,20,26, and 27
- February 2 and 3
On Thursday evenings, the residents will host a social hour from 5:30 – 6:30 pm for applicants interviewing on Thursday and Friday.
Contact Residency Program Administration
University of Illinois Chicago
840 South Wood Street, Suite 1020S
CSB M/C 787
Chicago, Illinois 60612-7323
Christopher Zell, MS