- UIC reports record $410 million in annual sponsored research awardsby Lori Botterman on January 14, 2021 at 8:00 pm
The $410 million represents a 7% increase over fiscal year 2019 and 22% increase over fiscal year 2018 and provides support for approximately 9,400 faculty, students and staff, working on 1,800 different research projects.
- Student competitors get set for national Clarion Caseby Lori Botterman on December 21, 2020 at 4:09 pm
Health sciences students practice interdisciplinary skills
- Study in mice shows genes may be altered through drug repurposingby Lori Botterman on December 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Research shows normal genes may be enhanced to make up for non-functional copy genes.
- UIC opens second COVID-19 vaccine trialby Jacqueline Carey on December 8, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Study to test vaccine candidate developed by Janssen
- Drug for rare disorder shows promise for treating herpes virusesby Lori Botterman on December 7, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Drug also reduces side effects of common herpes treatment
- Researchers use genomics to identify diabetic retinopathy factorsby Lori Botterman on December 7, 2020 at 2:45 pm
UIC researchers identify new approach that can be used as a template to study other diseases.
- Study shows protective role sex steroids play in COVID-19by Lori Botterman on November 24, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Female reproductive steroids may protect against COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pediatric team ships 200 Thanksgiving gratitude boxesby Jacqueline Carey on November 19, 2020 at 5:41 pm
When their annual Thanksgiving celebration is canceled, UI Health finds another way to celebrate with patients
- UIC launches three COVID-19 clinical trials for blood clot preventionby Jacqueline Carey on November 18, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Researchers help design, implement all three national NIH studies
- Research aims to expand smoking cessation in underserved populationsby Lori Botterman on November 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Researchers aim to show smoking cessation interventions through patient portals can be effective.