The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy in collaboration with the Chicago Chest Center/Suburban Lung Associates offers a 1 year fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology. Program accreditation is under the joint auspices of the American Association of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology (AABIP) and the Association of Interventional Pulmonology Program Directors (AIPPD).
While the fellowship has existed for many years at the Chicago Chest Center, the joint program’s first fellow started 7/1/18. There is significant support for this effort across the institution including; the Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy, and UI Health.
The collaboration with the Chicago Chest Center, the oldest established full service Interventional Pulmonology program in the state, gives our faculty and trainees expanded access to research and advanced procedures. The program focuses on both procedures and the procedure related management of benign and malignant thoracic diseases. With this collaboration, we have one of the highest concentrations of board certified Interventional Pulmonologists of any program in the country.
Faculty members have served on multiple committees and as president of the AABIP and AIPPD and are actively involved in curriculum development.
Neeraj R. Desai, MD, MBA, FCCP, FACP
Fellowship Program Director
Kevin Kovitz, MD, MBA, FCCP, FACP
Fellowship Associate Program Director
[email protected] /[email protected]
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor“).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.