At the University of Illinois at Chicago’s Center for Regenerative Medicine in Cardiology, our mission is to explore the developmental and functional properties of cardiac muscle through the use of embryonic and adult stem cells. We will extend our basic science results to preclinical studies in animal models of cardiovascular disease with defined therapeutic outcomes. Our goal is to develop clinical trials that translate our preclinical research into safe and effective ways of treating cardiovascular disease in our patients.
- Tissue graft cardiac cell replacement
- Stem cell homing and engraftment
- Proliferation and differentiation of cardiac stem cells
- Intercellular communication between embryonic-derived cardiac cells
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.