Fellowship Program Overview
am pleased that you are considering our fellowship program and trust that the materials provided for you will help to answer any questions you may have.
The Divisions of Cardiology at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), Advocate Christ Medical Center (Christ) and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center (JBVA) are committed to providing excellent clinical service that utilizes state-of-the-art technology. By virtue of being part of a major university hospital, we have a strong and unwavering commitment to education and research. The clinical mission of the program is supported by a distinguished faculty whose training and expertise places them at the forefront of contemporary cardiology. All of the training sites house newly updated, state-of-the-art equipment . The clinical program at all sites are linked to an electronic medical record system, allowing for review of clinical records and imaging studies on-line, 24 hours a day. The clinical training takes place at the UIC, Christ and JBVA.
Our commitment to education is reflected in the training provided to our fellows, residents and students. Our fellows benefit from a rich didactic program and from clinical experiences which enhances our educational mission. Clinical and basic research opportunities are integral to the educational process, and all fellows are expected to participate in at least one scholarly project during this 1 year fellowship.
This is an exciting time for interventional cardiology. We have great confidence that the supportive environment will allow us to fulfill a very optimistic mission: To define the highest clinical, educational and research standards in our profession.
Thanks for considering UIC Interventional Cardiology.
Program Director: Adhir R. Shroff, MD, MPH
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship
Email: [email protected]
Fellowship Program Coordinator: Kari Krauss
Email: [email protected]
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.