Excellence in Cardiovascular Medicine
The University of Illinois at Chicago Division of Cardiology strives to be the finest translational research program by making use of its extensive talents in basic and clinical sciences to the benefit of patients. In so doing, patients get the most advanced care, and trainees learn the skills necessary for them to develop the future of medicine. Superior science for paramount patient care.
To establish The University of Illinois at Chicago Division of Cardiology as a nationally recognized Center of Excellence in the evaluation and management of cardiovascular disease.
The Division is committed to:
- Excellence in Clinical Care: The members of the division will provide specialized cardiovascular services to the under-served population of Chicago with the goal of delivering exceptional health care, increasing patient volumes and market share in the region. Fulfilling this goal not only serves to support the translational and educational missions of the division, and the DOM but also the College of Medicine.
- Excellence in Medical Education: A major goal of the division is the mentoring of the next generation of clinical investigators and physician leaders with the training of medical students, residents, clinical and postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty. There is a strong focus on the recruitment of cardiology fellows with an interest in academic practice incorporating basic and translational research.
- Excellence in Basic, Clinical & Translational Cardiovascular Research: The Division of Cardiology has a goal to become a national leader in cardiovascular research by identifying and actively promoting areas of research excellence based on the extraordinary talent of our faculty and trainees as well as the needs of our patient community. We have initiated a program of peer advisory committees for our faculty which helps them develop and advance focused research programs by providing constructive feedback on extramural funding proposals, increasing multidisciplinary research collaborations and increasing the overall impact of the research. Increased collaborations with the basic science departments and the Center for Cardiovascular Research (CCVR) will also allow for the joint recruitment of physician scientists and clinician-scientists who will be essential for our goal to achieve research excellence.
- Leveraging Strengths of the Diverse Patient Population: The University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System serves a uniquely diverse population of patients with cardiovascular disease that naturally lends itself to many patient-oriented research initiatives. Another major goal of the Division of Cardiology will be to leverage this tremendous resource to develop the infrastructure for truly transformational clinical and translational research.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.