The UIC DRTP has been awarded a National Institutes of Health T32 Training Grant that provides support for up to 3 years of post-doctoral training for post-doctoral fellows (M.D., Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent). The UIC DRTP will prioritize candidates who are eligible for NIH T32 support (see below), and we encourage applications from underrepresented minorities including women in science.
NIH requirement for T32 support:
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Completed PhD, MD or comparable degree prior to starting program
- No more than 5 years post-completion of PhD, or clinical training (MDs)
- No more than 2 years in NIH supported postdoctoral training programs
UICDRTP Application Instructions:
- Complete application online.
- Upload CV/resume with application.
- Identify 3 references in your application.
- Optional: upload one representative publication with application.
UICDRTP Online Application link: https://go.uic.edu/UICDRTPApplication
If you have specific questions about the process, please contact Pingwen Xu, PhD (Assistant Program Director) ([email protected]) who will answer your questions or forward your inquiry to the appropriate person.
- The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Candidates from underrepresented minorities or with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Trainees must be citizens, non-citizen nationals, or permanent residents of the US. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.