As a SRTP student, you are required to complete the following steps before the start of your summer research project:
- Identify an SRTP faculty mentor and a feasible 8-week summer research project.
- Identify and set defined expectations and goals with the mentor for the summer research experience.
- Complete any required IRB or IACUC applications for research involving humans or vertebrate animals and any additional training required by your mentor.
- Submit a research proposal and program application by the extended deadline of Thursday, February 15, 2024 (date is subject to change).
As a SRTP student, you are required to meet the following standards for program participation for the duration of the program:
- Spend 40 hrs per week engaged in active research.
- Participate in all team activities associated with your mentor’s research (group meetings, journal clubs, etc.).
- Participate in all scheduled SRTP curricular conferences including a journal club, works-in progress sessions and core curricular topics.
- Complete a 15-minute oral presentation on your proposed research to the faculty for feedback and critique at the conclusion of the program.
- Meet with faculty mentor weekly to review progress and receive direction.
- Students will also be required to present an abstract at the annual COM Research Day (post program).