The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers 1-3 fellowship positions each year for dedicated physicians interested in obtaining exceptional training in endocrinology. Fellows can choose to focus on a Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism pathway through a two year training track. Alternatively, candidates targeting a career in academic medicine can apply for a combined 3 year program in Clinical and Research Endocrinology and Metabolism, supported in part by a training grant from the National Institutes of Health.
Our mission is to provide outstanding training in the field of adult endocrinology to highly qualified physicians with interest in both clinical and academic careers. The goal of the program is to provide a comprehensive, academically-based training and experience that would give opportunities to the fellows for developing the knowledge, interpersonal skills, professional attitudes, and practical competence required to function as consultants in the field of endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism. Our fellows have a variety of research opportunities for in-depth training in clinical, translational or basic research in various areas of endocrinology and metabolism.
Why UIC for Fellowship
Shatha Murad, 2016-2018 Fellow: UIC Endocrinology provides a thorough clinical experience, with diverse patients and pathology, while fostering academic and research interests, in the most supportive environment!
Elias Tzelepis, 2016-2018 Fellow: UIC provides vast Endocrine pathology and a great learning environment, all within the amazing city of Chicago!
Leonid Vydro, 2016-2018 Fellow: I chose to come to UIC because of the opportunities for strong clinical training with a diverse patient population at a world-class medical institution.
Victoria Trendafilova, 2015-2017 Fellow: I was drawn by the diversity and complexity of clinical cases that we encounter at UIC on a daily basis.
Yuval Eisenberg, MD
Fellowship Program Director
E-mail: [email protected]
Director of Administrative Operations
Email: [email protected]
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.