The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at UIC and Jesse Brown VA (formerly called West Side VA) has a long history of research and training outstanding clinicians and scientists. Dr. Gerald A. Williams was the Chief of the division from 1959 to 1986 and was followed by Dr. Subhash Kukreja who later became the Chief of Medical Service in 1994 at the West Side VA but remained a member of the Division. Dr. Lawrence Frohman, a world renowned neuroendocrinologist as the Head of Medicine. Dr. Arthur Schneider who has done work in Radiation Induced Thyroid Cancer was appointed Chief of the Division from 2005 to 2010. Dr. Kukreja took over as the interim Chief of the Division until the recruitment of Dr. Brian Layden, the current Chief of the Division.
Dr. Layden has made great contributions in the areas of calcium and metabolic Bone Disorders, Neuroendocrinology and thyroid disease. With the recruitment of Dr. Layden, we are well on our way to become the center of excellence in Diabetes, Metabolism and Obesity.
Past Chiefs & Their Service Years
Dr. Gerald A. Williams – 1959 to 1986
Dr. Subhash Kukreja 1994 to 2005
Dr. Arthur Schneider 2005 to 2010
Dr.Theodore Mazzone 2010 – 2012
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.