Individualized Scheduling and Career Pathways
Infectious diseases is a broad field that can lead you to multiple careers. Our fellowship training schedule reflects this diversity of career options and is individualized to the needs of our trainees. The first year of fellowship focuses on core infectious diseases rotations, while the second year of fellowship is individualized to meet the goals and desired career pathways for each trainee.
Our fellows will enjoy a flexible schedule. A total of 12-14 months of clinical service will be divided between both clinical years. Clinical service is usually divided in 2 to 4 week blocks, rotating through the VA and UI Health. Weekends and holidays are divided among all fellows towards a 1:5 or 1:6 weekend coverage schedule. With this schedule, our fellows can enjoy great work/life balance and can work or enjoy the city throughout the academic year. Scheduling is fellow oriented, making sure the fellowship reflects the needs of each individual trainee.
Throughout your training, close mentorship will provide exposure and guidance to achieve your post-fellowship plans. Training pathways available to our trainees include the ones listed below:
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.