FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many gastroenterology fellowship positions does UIC offer per year?
UIC offers 1-3 positions per year.
Does this program sponsor visas?
This program sponsors the J1 visa only.
How do I apply to the gastroenterology fellowship program?
Applications should be submitted through the ERAS system.
When should I expect to hear back about an interview?
Invitations to interview are usually emailed between the end of August and mid-September.
If matched with UIC, when should I apply for full Illinois state license?
We recommend that you start the licensing process by early-March.
Does UIC offer advanced training?
Yes, we also have advanced endoscopy fellowship program and transplant hepatology fellowship program.
What is the application deadline?
All application materials must be submitted by July 31st.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.