URBAN GLOBAL HEALTH TRACK
Urban Global Health TrackInternal Medicine residents in the UGH track join other programs’ residents in didactic sessions. These sessions range from Journal Clubs led by residents to lectures by guest speakers. The evening conferences for 2016-2017 are listed below. In addition, there are often global health noon conferences as well in conjunction with global health leaders at the UIC School of Public Health.
|August 17||Lecture: An Introduction to Global Health 2017 (Andrew Dykens)|
|September 21||Journal Club: Nutrition and Malnutrition (Rush)|
|October 19||Lecture: Social Determinants of Health and Community Health Clubs (Jason Rosenfeld)|
|November 16||Lecture: Updates in Global HIV management and prevention (Stockton Mayer)|
|January 18||Journal Club: Diarrheal Illness (Internal Medicine)|
|February 15||Lecture: Adam Hoverman|
|March 15||Journal Club: Accidental Death and Trauma (Emergency Medicine)|
|April 19||Lecture: The global burden of neurocysticercosis and other helminthes (Jessica Herrick)|
|May 17||Journal Club: Vaccine preventable diseases (med/pediatrics)|
|June 21||Lecture: Addressing the Needs of the Imprisoned, Lessons from Indonesia (Gabe Culbert)|
The Internal Medicine UGH program collaborates closely with UIC’s Center for Global Health (http://globalhealth.uic.edu/), and the global health tracks of the UIC Med-Peds program (http://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/departments/academic-departments/combined-medicinepediatrics/global-community-health-track/), the UIC ER program (http://emres.uic.edu/residents-landing/global-health-track/), the UIC Pediatrics program (http://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/departments/academic-departments/pediatrics/education/pediatric-residency/education/global-health-track/), the UIC Family Medicine program (https://sites.google.com/a/uic.edu/uic-dfm-global-community-health2/), and the UIC Ob/Gyn program (http://chicago.medicine.uic.edu/departments___programs/departments/obgyn/global_women_s_health/).
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.