Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois PREMIER training program.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Not already received 2 years of post-doc funding from NIH training grants
- PhD and/or MD or equivalent by the start of training
Due to the nature of the funding, we cannot consider applications from H1-B and J-1 visa holders.
A complete PREMIER application to the program requires:
1) Completed UIC PREMIER Fellow Application which will require:
a. Curriculum Vitae (CV) please include awards and honors, academic presentations, membership in associations, publications, employment history, and relevant material.
b. Personal statement (Please limit to one page, summarizing your proposed research, career plans, prior research experience, and possible future mentor)
c. List of the names of three professional references.
d. Your CV, personal statement, and the names of the three references available at the time of completing the online application.
2) Three letters of recommendation (Include one letter from the most recent research mentor) to be e-mailed directly to Amruta Barve (email@example.com).
Deadline: November 15 2023
To begin your application
Complete this form
NIH postdoctoral stipend for T32 fellows, please see the NIH Budgetary Levels Effective for the 2023 fiscal year link below.
For more general information about the NIH T32 grant, access the link below.
If you have any questions, please contact the PREMIER Training Program Coordinator:
Amruta Barve, MPH
Division of Academic Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
Department of Medicine
The University of Illinois at Chicago
1747 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Phone: (312) 257-4093
Fax: (312) 996-2703