Patient Care At UI Health
We provide primary care and various levels of specialty care, along with inpatient care and general medical consultations to adult patients. Our clinical focus includes comprehensive general internal medicine with special emphasis on health maintenance, prevention and risk factor modification , including diet modification, exercise, stress reduction and lifestyle alteration.
We have multiple areas of clinical care: Outpatient Care Center, Women’s Primary Care Clinic, Preoperative Medical Care Clinic and Inpatient care.
Outpatient Care Center
The Outpatient Care Center opened in 1999 and is comprised of ten adjoining multidisciplinary centers, which allows our patients to move easily from one test or evaluation to the next. You can register and complete simple lab work in an area near your doctor’s waiting room. If you need x-rays or other scans, your physician will be able to read the images within minutes on any computer screen in the building.
Women’s Primary Care Clinic
Our goal is to provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare to women, with an emphasis on primary and preventive care. We provide a wide range of services, including pap smears, breast exams, and contraception options, and we treat most common medical problems. We also manage chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, elevated cholesterol and others. When necessary, we make referrals to appropriate specialists for more complex services. Because UI Health is a teaching center, our Women’s Primary Care Clinic provides an opportunity for tomorrow’s women health care providers to learn under the supervision of exceptional physicians. Our faculty conveys a positive, creative approach to our fellows, residents, students and the other staff caring for our patients
Preoperative Medical Care Clinic
The Preoperative Medical Care Clinic provides comprehensive medical care for the patient undergoing surgery. Risk stratification, stress testing as needed, and optimization of chronic health problems is addressed by internists experienced in this specialty area. Patients with uncontrolled health problems, who do not have regular primary care, or who have cardiac risks can especially benefit from the services of this clinic.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.