Dr. Swetha Gowrishankar
Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology
Office: 7055 COMRB
Lab: 7068 COMRB
email: [email protected]
Phone: (312) 996-6612
Gowrishankar Lab Rotation Projects:
- Project 1: Role of Spastic Paraplegia proteins, SPG15 and/or 11 in regulating lysosomal and autophagic pathways in neurons (using CRISPR-based editing in mouse primary neurons).
- Project 2: Altering axonal lysosome transport to rescue Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) pathology (drug screen using an IPSC-derived neuronal AD model in the lab).
- Project 3: Regulation and function of lysosomes in astrocytes: live imaging studies using fluorescent lysosomal proteins and endogenous markers.
- Project 4: Understanding lysosome dysfunction in a Spastic Paraplegia mouse model.
- Project 5: Neuronal lysosome heterogeneity and stress: Evaluating differential response of axonal and dendritic lysosomes to stresses (oxidative stress, neuronal activity changes).