Ocular Cell Biology Laboratory
Beatrice Y.J.T. Yue, PhD, Director
Thanis A. Field Professor of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Research Interests: Characterization and functions of glaucoma genes optineurin and myocilin, as well as biology of trabecular meshwork cells.
Ongoing Research: Current investigations center on optineurin, a gene associated with normal tension glaucoma, in particular examining the cellular processing of optineurin in neuronal cells.
Impact: Glaucoma is a major blinding disease. Results obtained from the research programs will provide insights into the basic biology of optineurin and myocilin, help illustrate how glaucoma is developed, and lead to novel therapeutic modalities for this disease.
Beatrice Yue, PhD
Xiang Shen, Research Specialist
- Shen X, Ying H and Yue BYJT: Wnt activation by wild type and mutant myocilin in cultured human trabecular meshwork cells. PLoS One 7:e44902, 2012.
- Ying H, Shen X and Yue BYJT: Establishment of inducible wild type and mutant myocilin-GFP-expressing RGC5 cell lines. PLoS One 7:e47307, 2012.
- Ying H and Yue BYJT: Cellular and molecular biology of optineurin. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 294:223-258, 2012.
- Czugala M, Karolak JA, Nowak DM, Polakowski P, Pitarque J, Molinari A, Rydzanicz M, Bejjani BA, Yue BYJT, Szaflik JP, and Gajecka M: Novel mutation and three other sequence variants segregating with phenotype at keratoconus 13q32 susceptibility locus. Eur J Hum Genet 20:389-397, 2012.
- Shen X, Ying H, Qiu Y, Shyam R, Park J, Chi Z, Iwata T and Yue BYJT: Cellular processing of optineurin in neuronal cells. J Biol Chem 286:3618-3629, 2011.
- Koga T, Shen X, Park J, Qiu Y, Park BC, Shyam R and Yue BYJT: Effects of myocilin and optineurin, two glaucoma genes on neurite outgrowth. Am J Pathol 176:343-352, 2010.
- Ying H, Shen X, Park BC and Yue BYJT: Posttranslational modification, localization and protein protein interactions of optineurin. PLoS One 5:e9168, 2010.
- Park BC, Ying H, Shen X, Park JS, Qiu Y, Shyam R and Yue BYJT: Impairment of protein trafficking upon overexpression and mutation of optineurin. PLos One 5:e11547, 2010.
- Shen X, Koga T, Park BC, SundarRaj N and Yue BYJT: Rho GTPase and cAMP/PKA signaling mediates myocilin induced alterations in cultured human trabecular meshwork cells. J Biol Chem 283:603-612, 2008.
- Sakai H, Shen X, Koga T, Park BC, Noskina Y, Tibudan M and Yue BYJT: Mitochondrial association of myocilin in human trabecular meshwork cells. J Cell Physiol 213:775-784, 2007.