USING THE CENTER
Develop a Project
For projects involving new cases or scenarios, we must have at least 3 months notice prior to the start date. The center operates at a full or near to full capacity almost year round, so it is imperative to try and plan ahead when possible.
For projects using pre-existing cases and/or scenarios, there is some flexibility in the timeline, but generally speaking we like to schedule everything at least three months in advance.
For Technology-Based Simulation please see our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
For questions regarding new projects, please contact:
Bob Kiser, Associate Director of the Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute
312-996-6551 | [email protected]
Project Development Materials
Project Summary Forms
UGME Program Summary Form (doc) (pdf)
GME Program Summary Form (doc) (pdf)
SP Case Writing Protocol (doc) (pdf)
SP Case Template (doc) (pdf)
Professional Development Programs
Available Workshops, Fellowships and Consultations
Timeline for project implementation:
3 months before exam or workshop
- Based on center availability, the project is scheduled
- SAIL staff is given all information in order to implement project including casting requirements (gender, age, specific traits, etc.) as well as equipment needed (high-fidelity mannequins, task trainers, etc). Final versions of cases or scenarios are not required at this time but we do need objectives and an outline of materials.
2 months before project
- Final version of cases or scenarios are completed.
- Casting completed.
1 month before project
- Initial SP/Clinical Skills Instructor training is completed.
- All changes are final including: paperwork, minor adjustments to cases, addition or subtraction of project elements.
If the project is an exam and a pilot of new scenarios is required, an additional two months may be required. This allows time for necessary changes to be implemented.
Want to get started?
Email [email protected] with the following information:
- Date of project
- Number and level of learners
- Type of project