UIC HEALTH SCIENCES SIMULATION CONSORTIUM (UIC HSSC)
The UIC HSSC provides simulation-based instruction and assessment programs to the health professions at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
UIC learners typically attend a variety of programs at the different centers, depending on curriculum content and their physical location. In particular:
- The Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute provides a broad variety of simulation activities utilizing standardized patients, task trainers and mannequins, and provides on-site simulations for learners when based at the UIC Medical Center.
- The Surgical Laboratories provide learners with specialized simulation activities in surgical skills, including laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- The OBG simulation area provides learners with specialized task-trainer and mannequin-based simulation activities for gynecological surgery and obstetrical skills.
- The UIC HSSC
- Shares resources and expertise
- Collaborates on curriculum development
- Develops common processes and forms
- Conducts joint professional development activities
- Provides a rich, diverse, coordinated and systematic simulation-based curriculum to our shared population of learners
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) UIC-HSSC has been awarded accreditation as a Level Comprehensive Educational Institute by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
The UIC-HSSC joins a select group of ACS accredited simulation centers worldwide, facilitating opportunities for research and collaboration in the development of innovative simulation-based educational programs.
For information about the Surgical Skills Laboratories, please contact:
Department of Surgery
Division of General, Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
820 S. Wood Street, Rm 607, Chicago, IL 60612
Phone (312) 996-1208
Link to Surgical Skills Laboratories
For information about the Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute please contact:
Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute Associate Director
Department of Medical Education CME 986
808 S Wood Street, MC 591 Chicago, IL 60612
Phone (312) 996-6551
For information about the OB/GYN Women of Steel Simulation Lab please contact:
Shirley Scott, MS, RN-BC, C-EFM, APN
Perinatal Network Administrator
Department of OB/GYN Women of Steel Simulation Lab
820 S. Wood St. MC 808 Room W-210 Chicago, IL 60612
Link to OB/GYN Women of Steel Simulation Lab