Where to go for help

Are you a current UI COM student? Are you struggling or having a hard time balancing life with your coursework?

If you need immediate assistance you can contact the wellness contacts, your physician house advisor, or your OSA Lead.

You can also seek services with UIC Counseling Center, the Resiliency center or your primary care provider who can refer you to a psychiatrist or a therapist.

Please note that the student wellness committee members are a resource for you and you can ask them any questions.  To reach out, please refer to the Student Wellness Committee page for members and their contact information.

The University of Illinois College of Medicine Student Resiliency Center provides mental health services to UI COM medical and graduate students. Services are provided by clinicians who do not have any evaluative role for College of Medicine students. Prospective patients should contact Resiliency Clinic Director Jenna Duffecy, PhD. to initiate the intake process.

She can be reached at:


The UIC Counseling Center offers one-on-one counseling services, group services, and several skills workshops. Click https://counseling.uic.edu/ for the most up-to-date information.

To seek services: https://counseling.uic.edu/counseling-center-fall-2020-services-and-updates/


Couples therapy https://counseling.uic.edu/services/couples-therapy/

Crisis resources https://counseling.uic.edu/crisis-services/

Group therapy



Upcoming workshops https://counseling.uic.edu/upcoming-workshops/   ​

Mind Body services https://counseling.uic.edu/services/mind-body-services/