The Department of Medicine’s faculty provide patient care at the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System. Patient care training occurs at two sites, the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System and the Jesse Brown Veterans Administration Hospital. Both provide primary and tertiary care to a large number of patients, many of whom look to the residents as their primary health care providers. House staff spends approximately 50% of their time at each site and maintain a continuity outpatient practice at each site. The faculty and all departmental conferences are fully integrated across both institutions. In both the inpatient and outpatient settings, residents have substantial primary decision-making responsibility and develop strong relationships with their patients. The full-time on-site teaching faculty, the inpatient ward service teaching model, and the outpatient dedicated preceptor model provide optimal supervision and guidance, yet encourage the independent thinking that derives from playing a major role in patient care.
University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.