Professional Development/ Certificate Programs
DME offers short courses designed to meet the professional development needs of health professions educators. The certificate for these programs is not transcripted, so it does not provide university credits and does not provide any kind of “certification”.
Professional Development and Certificate Programs for Standardized Patient Educators
The programs provide the knowledge and skills to create compelling educational programs using standardized patients (SPs), alone and in combination with other Simulation modalities. Designed for simulation educators in the health professions. To learn more…
Scholars for Teaching Excellence Faculty Fellowship
The Faculty Fellowship is a program for faculty who are interested in developing their capabilities as teachers and education program leaders. The Fellowship consists of two sessions – instruction in health professions education and applied curriculum development and evaluation in health professions education.
Through participation in the Fellowship, participants develop competence in:
- Creating a learning climate in which learning is facilitated.
- Using a deliberate, thoughtful approach to instructional design and curriculum development.
- Communicating expectations, goals, and information in ways that stimulate and engage learners and teachers.
- Tailoring communication and educational strategies to optimize learning, based on the learning context and learners’ needs.
- Utilizing health professions education resources to advocate for learners and teachers, to coordinate teaching endeavors, and to optimize learning environments.
For additional information
We offer the following workshops:
- Team-Based Learning 101: This workshop introduces participants to Team-Based Learning from the preparatory materials through the readiness assurance process to the application exercise. This workshop provides the foundation for learning to facilitate TBL sessions to preparing a TBL module. To schedule this workshop, contact Amy Lin
Online Coaching Program