PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS, FELLOWSHIPS AND CONSULTATIONS
The Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute offers a variety of professional development programs for health professions faculty.
Professional Development options include:
Certificate Program for Standardized Patient Educators
The Certificate Program in Standardized-Patient-Based Education provides the knowledge and skills to create compelling educational programs using standardized patients (SPs), alone and in combination with other simulation modalities. Click Here for more information.
Ongoing Workshops at UIC
Mannequin Scenario-writing Workshop:
A four-hour workshop on developing effective scenarios for mannequin-based simulation programs, using a standard template.
In this three-hour workshop, participants acquire an understanding of how to, effectively, facilitate a mannequin-based simulation program debriefing. This interactive workshop provides many opportunities to practice the skills discussed during the session.
Upcoming workshop dates:
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 24, 2023 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
For more information, the schedule of upcoming workshops or to register for a workshop, please contact Robert Kiser firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultations and workshops are available in a wide variety of topics related to simulation-based education and research, such as:
- Maximizing the validity of standardized-patient-based performance assessments
- Establishing defensible passing standards for performance examinations
- How to teach and assess the hypothesis-driven physical examination
- Using standardized patients and simulations to assess clinical skills
- Using standardized patients to teach and assess residents’ communication skills
- Using standardized students to improve faculty teaching skills
- Acting skills for standardized patients
- Training standardized patients to give effective feedback
- Using unannounced standardized patients for research and quality improvement
- Leadership and management of a simulation center
For more information regarding off-site consultations and workshops, please contact Christine Park at email@example.com