Simulation and Integrative Learning Institute
In-Person Simulation COVID Guidelines
SAIL is committed to maintaining as safe an environment as possible for everyone. The following are the current policies for SAIL in-person activities. Please check back as these policies will change in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Staff, learners and visitors must wear a well-fitting mask at all times while in SAIL. Double masking is strongly encouraged.
- 6-foot social distancing is to be maintained.
- If an activity requires participants to be closer than 6 feet from each other for a brief period of time, additional PPE will be provided as necessary.
- Staff may ask that room doors be left open for better ventilation.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or tested positive for COVID within 14 days of your program, do not come to the center. Learn more about quarantine guidance from the CDC.
And faculty, as we work towards a new normal, in person events will account for small learner group size and streamlined in-person contact time for the foreseeable future
Though the above may lessen the transmission of the COVID virus, it will not completely eliminate the risk. Therefore, we will still encourage simulation programs to remain virtual if at all possible.
Additional Information, please go to: UIC Today.