Licensure Form Procedures for Impending Graduates
EDUCATION VERIFICATION FOR TEMPORARY LICENSE APPLICATIONS
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF MEDICINE-CHICAGO
- MATCHED IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS:
- Complete the IL Certification of Graduation form, ED – MED
- Email the completed ED – MED form to [email protected].
- COM Registrar’s office will email a copy of the certified ED-MED to your uic.edu address.
- Order Official University Transcript verifying completion of your medical education to date, with the university seal affixed (see section below).
Note: For those who have different programs for PGY-1 and PGY-2: only the PGY-1 information to the state will be certified for you. Your PGY-2 GME Office has procedures for transferring temporary licenses. Contact that office no later than 60 days prior to the start date at your PGY-2. Submit documentation to IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation)
- Follow your program’s directions for submission usually two options:
- Submit both your ED – MED form and official university transcript directly to program.
- Upload your ED – MED form and official university transcript directly to IDFPR.
- MATCHED OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS:
- Request or receive documentation from your respective program, including a verification of medical education or medical school degree form.
- Check the date the form is due at the licensing board to allow sufficient time for processing. Ask your program if information is unclear or you have questions.
- Email completed form to [email protected] and note the date of the board’s deadline in the email subject heading.
- Note: Some states require this document to be submitted directly to the state licensing board by the College Registrar’s office.
- If the state requires a degree verification letter, please send an email to the Office of the Registrar at [email protected]. Include the name of the person to be addressed on the letter.
- If required to have the letter submitted with your complete residency packet, please indicate this in the email subject heading and the letter will be emailed to you.
- If the letter can be sent out directly from our office to the state licensing board, COM Registrar will send your letter as required.
- Order Official University Transcript verifying completion of your medical education to date, with the university seal affixed.
PROOF OF MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY COVERAGE
If you are leaving the University of Illinois for a residency and require proof of coverage please complete the request for “Proof of Medical Professional Liability Coverage” located at the following website http://apps.obfs.uillinois.edu/forms/dsp_riskmgmt.cfm?mName=viewMedProfLiabInsurance
Note: The certificate holder field on the request form requires the name and address of the outside entity requesting proof of coverage from the student. This section should not list the University of Illinois or any department there of as the certificate holder.