Chicago is one of the best cities in the country to live and work in. The University of Illinois at Chicago is located in the historic Little Italy district. The neighborhoods in Chicago are constantly growing and changing. One of the newst of these neighborhoods is University Village (located near the east side of the UIC campus), a neighborhood full of housing, great shops and restaurants.
- Visit one of the tallest buildings in the world, the Willis Tower, for amazing views of the city and beyond.
- The historic Tribune Tower (adjacent to the Wrigley Building) features over 120 stones from such famous places as the Parthenon, the Taj Mahal and the Great Pyramid of Giza.
- Like to shop? Well there’s no better place than Chicago! Spend your time (and money) on the Magnificent Mile
- Millennium Park, 24.5 acres located in the heart of downtown, offers ice skating in the winter and music during the spring and summer.
- You can’t come to Chicago without trying a Chicago-style hotdog or deep dish pizza.
Chicago is renowned for its amazing collection of museums. Don’t miss the ever-changing exhibits and free admission on Tuesdays!
- The Field Museum – home of Sue, the world’s largest and most complete T. Rex
- The Shedd Aquarium – the largest indoor aquarium in the world with more than 8000 aquatic animals
- The Museum of Science and Industry
- The Art Institute of Chicago – see Vincent Van Gogh’s Self Portrait, Georges Seurat’s famous Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte and a collection of more than 30 works by Claude Monet
- Adler Planetarium
- The Museum of Contemporary Art
- The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Whether our teams are up or down – we’re Chicago fans through and through!
- Football – Chicago Bears (NFL) and Chicago Rush (AFL)
- Basketball – Chicago Bulls
- Baseball – Pick your own side in the historic rivalry between the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox
- Hockey – Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) and Chicago Wolves (AHL)
- Soccer – Chicago Fire (MLS)
- Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Joffrey Ballet
- Don’t miss the smash Broadway hit Wicked or the phenomenally entertaining Blue Man Group
- Second City – where some of the great comedians of our time got their start. Alumnis include Bill Murray, John Belushi, Mike Meyers, Chris Farley, Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert.
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater at Navy Pier
- Take in the beauty of Chicago’s buildings on an Architectural River Tour
- See some of the most amazing musicians around perform live at the Chicago Jazz Festival, Lollapalooza, or theChicago Blues Festival
- Soak up the sun at one of our sandy beaches on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Navy Pier is a fabulous spot on the lake for fun, shopping and food – take in the views on the 150 foot-high ferris wheel.
- Enjoy all the culinary delights that Chicago has to offer at the Annual Taste of Chicago
- Join any number of indoor and outdoor league sports at Chicago Sport and Social Club
- Like running? Test your stamina at the Shamrock Shuffle or the Chicago Marathon
- Visit the animals at the Lincoln Park Zoo or the Brookfield Zoo
Listed below are some great links to get you started on exploring all that this city has to offer!