Job Search Information
With campuses in Chicago, Urbana, Peoria and Rockford, the University of Illinois College of Medicine is the largest medical school in the nation and we have more MD/PhD students than any other medical school in the US. The College of Medicine is seeking talented, visionary, and dynamic leaders, recognized for their scholarly achievements to support our mission to enhance the health of the citizens of Illinois and the nation by educating physicians and biomedical scientists, advancing knowledge of health and disease and providing healthcare in the setting of education and research.
Click here to see a list of positions available at UIC.
Associate Director, Clinical Strategy, Analysis & Practice
The College of Medicine, Office of the Dean, at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), located in a large metropolitan area, is seeking a full-time Associate Director, Clinical Strategy, Analysis, & Practice to assist the department with the following responsibilities:
- Under direction and supervision, utilize methods, studies, and analyses to identify, develop, and interpret existing clinical operations and external state budget and legislative changes, which will assist senior leadership with decision-making and policy formulation;
- Assist department to develop, guide, and ensure the completion of studies designed to improve clinical performance;
- Present actionable results in an understandable and compelling manner customized to the audience;
- Analyze academic ranking systems to identify key drivers of the score and design strategies to improve performance;
- Review upcoming physicians’ quality initiative models, identify gaps in current practice and develop strategies to increase the likelihood of receiving incentive payments and avoidance of penalties;
- Evaluate complex revenue models, develop an evaluation template and a set of recommendations as to the most effective strategy;
- Analyze national databases in order to improve productivity, revenue cycle performance, and quality of services;
- Work directly with senior leadership to design and perform more complex analyses, database design development, and report creation;
- Analyze ways to approach federal quality reporting systems; Analyze departmental performance metrics;
- Develop data acquisition strategies that enables evidenced-based policy making; Utilize variety of tools to design customer specific reports by integrating data from clinical system, financial system, and administrative system;
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned. No travel is required for this position. This position minimally requires a Master’s degree or its foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or closely related field of study, as well as one year of data management/analyst work experience either in an academic medical center or with any customers operating as an academic medical center or teaching hospital. For fullest consideration, please submit CV, cover letter, & 3 references by 4/19/22 to Nicholas Kane, Office of the Dean, Univ of IL at Chicago, 1853 West Polk Street Chicago IL 60612 or via email to [email protected]. UIC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, & individuals w/ disabilities are encouraged to apply. UIC may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer letter. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.