- The University of Illinois College of Medicine (UIC-COM) at Urbana-Champaign is located at the original campus of the University of Illinois.
- The first-year (M1) basic medical science program at Urbana-Champaign serves those students who will complete their last three years of medical school at Peoria or Rockford campus of UIC-COM.
- There are approximately 125 students in each M1 class.
- The COM-UHP Urbana office supports approximately 25-30 underrepresented in medicine medical students each year.
- There are M1 through M4 are housed on the campus. However, mostly students in the Medical Scholars Program (MSP) who are MD/PhD students remain in Urbana-Champaign to complete their MD degree.
Learn more about University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign