The fellow is expected to present at resident conference and departmental Grand Rounds. They will complete a QI project, and are mentored through the process of presenting a poster or abstract to the annual meetings of the SPA and regional conferences.
Requirements for Matriculation
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited anesthesiology residency program
- Passed USMLE (or COMLEX) step 3 exam
Call is covered from home, including two weekends a month.
Salary, insurance, retirement determined by UIC GME
- 4 weeks of vacation may be spread out through the year
- 1 week conference time
- Education allowance $750; in addition, travel and registration paid when fellow presents at a meeting
- Society for Pediatric Anesthesia membership; PALS and NRP certification