We are a 5 year combined residency program offering four-week clinical rotations in both Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine at five unique Chicagoland medical centers. Our clinical experiences range from tertiary academia and the VA system, to several unique community-based hospitals throughout our city.
During your IM/EM Residency at UIC you will have the opportunity to complement clinical work with other educational curriculum including, but not limited to:
- Participation in conferences within the Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine parent programs
- University wide educational opportunities with world class speakers and scholars
- Practical application of procedural and clinical skills in our state-of-the-art Simulation and Integrative Learning (SAIL) Center
- IM/EM Conferences and Journal Clubs
- Opportunities to teach medical students at all levels of training
- Multidisciplinary quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
Our residents call five separate hospitals “home.” Caring for patients across the entire city of Chicago gives our residents a truly unique experience when compared to other programs across the country.
Discover what unique benefits each location has to offer.