The UI Health Family Birth Center was listed as one of the top five choices for Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Section (VBAC) in the Chicago area and is noted for significant improvement in this measure since the prior reporting period. Congratulations to all providers and certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) who are contributing to the excellent care offered to mothers who choose a trial of labor after a prior Cesarean birth at University of Illinois Hospital.
Best Hospitals for VBAC in Chicago
Based on most recent Illinois Department of Public Health statistics for VBAC rates and volumes (covering the period 10/1/2019 to 9/30/2020), the top five hospitals for VBAC in the Chicago area are:
- Saint Anthony Hospital (Chicago) – 43.3% VBAC rate
- Northshore Univ HS Evanston Hospital (Evanston) – 37.8% VBAC rate
- University of Chicago Medicine (Chicago) – 30.9% VBAC rate
- University of Illinois Hospital & Health System (Chicago) – 30.6% VBAC rate
- Swedish Hospital | Part of NorthShore (Chicago) – 28.9% VBAC rate