UI COM Scientific Conference Travel Support
The UI COM Scientific Conference Travel Support provides University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine medical students with financial support to present the results of research, scholarship, and discovery related activities at national scientific conferences. Medical students are eligible for up to $1,500 of reimbursable expenses. Support is available once during the medical school period for those students who meet the following requirements:
- M1-M4 UI COM student (not LOA or graduate period for MD/PhD).
- Registered and in good academic standing.
- Research conducted while a UI COM student.
- Research accepted for meeting presentation.
- First author status on the presentation.
- Student is the individual presenting at meeting.
- Students must complete the Scientific Conference Travel Support
- All applications must be received at least 1-month prior to the presentation. Applications not received in a timely matter may be denied.
- When feasible, a decision will be made on the award within 1-week of application submission. Applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- A student is eligible for Scientific Conference Travel Support once during his/her medical school career.
Eligible expenses (receipts required for all expenses):
- Conference registration.
- Travel/transportation (e.g., airfare at economy class, including baggage fees).
- Meals reimbursed at the University’s per diem rate.
- Poster preparation expense.
Deliverables: To receive reimbursement, upon completion of travel the recipient must submit a Research Presentation Summary Form (1-page summary of the experience) and also commit to presenting the research at the annual College of Medicine Research Forum.