Lab4 Physician Portal
4medica offers a complete line of connectivity products starting with our Lab4 web-based test ordering and reporting system designed exclusively to work with the clinician’s workflow and is accessible anywhere at anytime. Lab4 provides a “”patient centric”” view of lab data which allows for a comprehensive set of reporting tools, including cumulative reporting and trending analysis.
The ADT solutions and ABN checking from Lab4 can automate complex processes and deliver significant return on investment (ROI). 4medica also provides comprehensive solutions for integration with EMR systems including bi-directional interfaces.
Lab4 offers additional feature/functionality that can greatly improve productivity and efficiency of a lab. These include:
– ABN checking and generation in English or Spanish with costs
– Order laboratory tests and receive results electronically
– Cumulative Reporting/Trending of patient test results
– Interfacing of test results to your electronic medical record
– Patient Demographic Bridge Interface to your practice management systems
– Electronic test requisitions
– Duplicate test checking
– Standing Orders: Ability to place future orders at various frequencies
– Label generation from alphanumeric to bar-coded Container ID labels
– Automated alerting in case of STAT or critical values
– Write prescriptions and manage medications electronically
– Reduces calls to and from the pharmacies
– Eliminates faxes to pharmacies
– Streamlines refill requests
EMR and LIS Interfaces
University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System Reference Laboratory offers direct interfaces for all major LIS and EMR vendors and can help streamline your operation and improve your turnaround time. We have found that implementing interface solutions with our customers helps eliminates manual data entry and significantly reduces errors, thereby increasing productivity.
Interfaces consisting of Bi-Directional, Uni-Directional and Patient Demographic bridges all offer a seamless integration with your existing systems and all support industry standard messaging protocols including HL7 and ASTM formats.
Field Customer Service Coordinators along with our IT staff assist our clients through the IT process and are dedicated to serving our customers and providing timely support.
4Medica’s web-based Meds4 ePrescribing solution is regarded as the second generation of ePrescribing solutions and is highly differentiated from other similar solutions. Moving beyond the drug and allergy checking, 4medica has integrated a decision support engine to check medications against a patient’s lab values at the time of ordering medications and alerting physicians of later changes in lab values.
Like other 4medica applications, this modular application shares the 4medica IHR platform with common architecture and highly intuitive, easy to use navigation. 4medica’s modular applications enable the creation of the Integrated Health Record.
Key features include:
– Eligibility and formulary checking
– Automatics alerts and notifications
– Drug to drug interactions
– Drug to allergy interactions
– Drug to lab interactions: Available in real time, at the time of placing medication orders and also alerting physicians when lab values change
– Print, fax or electronically transmit prescriptions
– 4medica’s Meds4 is Surescripts certified for prescription routing (new prescriptions and refills), eligibility/formulary, and prescription history
– Eligible for Medicare ePrescribing incentives