Professional Development Workshops, Fellowships and Consultations
The Graham Clinical Performance Center offers a variety of professional development programs for health professions faculty.
Professional Development options include:
- Mannequin scenario-writing workshop
- Debriefing Workshop
- Certificate Program for Standardized Patient Educators
- Short Term Faculty Fellowship Programs
- Emergency Medicine Simulation and Medical Education Fellowship Program
- Off-Site Consultations
Certificate Program for Standardized Patient Educators
The Certificate Program in Standardized-Patient-Based Education provides the knowledge and skills to create compelling educational programs using standardized patients (SPs), alone and in combination with other simulation modalities. Click Here for more information.
Ongoing Workshops at UIC
Mannequin Scenario-writing Workshop:
A four-hour workshop on developing effective scenarios for mannequin-based simulation programs, using a standard template.
In this three-hour workshop, participants acquire an understanding of how to, effectively, facilitate a mannequin-based simulation program debriefing. This interactive workshop provides many opportunities to practice the skills discussed during the session.
Upcoming workshop dates:
- Friday, December 14th 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Friday, February 15th 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, March 28th 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, May 2nd 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
For more information, the schedule of upcoming workshops or to register for a workshop, please contact Robert Kiser email@example.com.
Consultations and workshops are available in a wide variety of topics related to simulation-based education and research, such as:
- Maximizing the validity of standardized-patient-based performance assessments
- Establishing defensible passing standards for performance examinations
- How to teach and assess the hypothesis-driven physical examination
- Using standardized patients and simulations to assess clinical skills
- Using standardized patients to teach and assess residents’ communication skills
- Using standardized students to improve faculty teaching skills
- Acting skills for standardized patients
- Training standardized patients to give effective feedback
- Using unannounced standardized patients for research and quality improvement
For more information regarding off-site consultations and workshops, please contact Rachel Yudkowsky firstname.lastname@example.org.