Getting through medical school is challenging in a variety of ways. We are here to remind you that medical school is not just about learning how to take care of others, it is also about learning how to take care of yourself.
Here are some articles on the state of wellness in medical schools today:
- Assessing Student Mental Health at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (Ghodasara et al, Acad Med 2011)
- Association of an Educational Program in Mindful Communication With Burnout, Empathy, and Attitudes Among Primary Care Physicians (Krasner et al, JAMA 2009)
- Enhancing the health of medical students: outcomes of an integrated mindfulness and lifestyle program (Hassed et al, Adv Health 2009)
- Mindfulness training for stress management: a randomized controlled study of medical and psychology students (de Vibe et al, BMC Med Educ 2013)
- Resident Physician Well-Being and Assessments of Their Knowledge and Clinical Performance (Beckman et al, J Gen Intern Med 2012)