Scheduling and Calendars
Scheduling Instructions for Clinical Experiences and Electives
ALL scheduling requests to add, drop, or change a rotation must be made 4 weeks in advance of the rotation start date. Dropping an Emergency Medicine rotation requires 8 weeks of advance notice. Students should not contact the program director or coordinator directly to request scheduling changes.
M3 Clerkship Specific Scheduling Instructions
Following the Clinical Site Lottery, students looking to switch a clinical site can reach out to other students to request a body to body switch. Requests to switch sites due to transportation issues or site preference are not granted. Students that have questions regarding this process should contact their OSA advisor. You should not contact the program director or coordinator directly to request a clinical site switch.
Where to Submit Scheduling Requests:
M3 Clerkship Scheduling Request Mailbox – [email protected]
Electives, Specialties, and Sub-Internship Scheduling Request Mailbox – [email protected]
Catalog Electives Scheduling Form
- Electives offered through UIC. Check the Curricular Affairs Electives website for a list of courses.
- In lieu of the scheduling form, you can email the program coordinator/director for approval and then forward the message to [email protected]. Make sure to include your name, the name of the catalog elective, start and end dates for the rotation, and clinical site.
Clinical Experience Add/Drop Exception Request Form
Research Electives Scheduling Form
Self-Designed and Away-Domestic Scheduling Form
- Self-Designed electives are a modification of a catalog elective, under close supervision of a faculty member or physician. They can also be an experience a student customizes to receive academic credit.
Away-domestic electives are rotations offered at another U.S. medical school or site.
- Only away catalog sub-internships at other LCME schools will meet the UIC sub-internship requirement.
Away-International Scheduling Form
External Sub-I Questionnaire Form (This is a fillable form that can be completed when accessed from Internet Explorer. When opening in another browser, it is necessary to download the form before it has fillable capability.)
- This form must be completed prior to beginning your away Sub-Internship. Only an external sub-internship in Medicine, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyne, Surgery and Family Medicine, that has already been approved as a sub-internship at an LCME accredited school, may be submitted for review and approval to insure that it meets the Sub-Internship Rotation Criteria.
Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO)– M4’s ONLY:
- Use this application system to schedule away electives at an LCME institution. Make sure to review their VSLO website instructions for details. Once you are admitted for the away elective, forward the admit email, the catalog description of the elective, and the self-designed/away elective scheduling form to [email protected] to add the rotation to your UIC schedule.
- VSLO Student Handout
- VSLO Instructions with screenshots
- Set up your VSLO profile with your information and end dates for clerkships.
Apply to away schools and pay the application fee with your credit card.
The Registrar’s Office will verify your application. Your VSLO transcript will be upload after you have sent a request to [email protected].
- If your application is complete, email [email protected] and request your application be released to the host school. The Registrar’s Office will not release any applications without student consent.
- VSLO Student Resources – Additional tutorials and detailed instructions
2021 – 2022 CALENDARS & LOTTERY INFO
M4 2021 – 22 Calendar
M3 Clerkship Track Calendar 2021 – 22
2020- 2021 CALENDARS & LOTTERY INFO
M3 Clerkship Track Calendar 2020-21