AAMC Opportunities for Students
Scholarships, Away-Rotations, Articles & Conferences and other opportunities for geared toward Medical Students.
- Medical Education Fellowship for Medical Students University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine. For more information, please contact Dr. Alex J. Mechaber. Senior Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education, [email protected]
- Pediatrics Residency Training Program at the University of Colorado – A top notch training program, in a prestigious hospital – with diverse patients, award winning attendings and outstanding research facilities – our pediatric residency program offers innovative educational opportunities in a fun and exciting environment.
- Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) Diversity in Educational Programs will host its annual campus visitation day program for pre-medical students (Attachment)
- Student Surgery Leadership Weekend, University of Michigan – Invitation to apply Academic Surgeon Development Program May 8 – May 10, 2015. Application Deadline: March 20, 2015
- University of Iowa Jackson Steindler Orthopaedic Clerkship 2015. Beginning in Spring 2015, one or two outstanding medical students who have successfully completed the third year of medical school at a LCME-accredited institution and who have an interest in orthopaedics will be selected for this award. The award will include support for housing and travel. Application Deadline: April 1, 2015
- The Icahn School of Medicine’s Visiting Electives Program for Students Underrepresented in Medicine (VEPSUM) Fellowship, sponsored by the Center for Multicultural and Community Affairs
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Department of Pediatrics Funded Visiting Clerkship for Underrepresented Minority Medical Students (Attachment)
- UNC Minority Student Caucus’ 36th Annual Minority Health Conference and Broadcast
- 2015 i3 Summer Research Program for Undergraduate Students – Application Deadline: March 31, 2015
- in-Training (in-training.org), the online magazine for medical students, is looking for medical students of all class years to submit articles and essays about their experiences in medicine for peer-edited online publication.
- Applications are now available for Temple University School of Medicine Undergraduate Summer Research Program sponsored by the NIH-HLBI. Application forms can be obtained by request from [email protected] – Application Deadline: April 17, 2015
- HSHPS Professional Development Workshop: Data Systems June 28-30, 2015 at the HHS/National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. The workshop aims to help prepare scholars interested in Hispanic health research strengthen their skills and knowledge to perform analytical studies of national health datasets to better contribute to Hispanic health care research and provision of adequate health care to Hispanics and other underserved populations.
- University of Chicago Committee on Diversity and Inclusion, and the Departments of Medicine, Pediatrics and Surgery host Visiting Clerkship Diversity Program(VCDP) Application Request Form
- The Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center Program* for Faculty Development and Diversity in the Office for Diversity and Community Partnership at Harvard Medical School is pleased to offer two great research programs this coming summer: Visiting Research Internship Program (VRIP), for first and second year medical students AND The Summer Clinical and Translational Research Program (SCTRP) (Attachments)
- Summer Public Health Scholars Program (SPHSP) Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons College of Dental Medicine, School of Nursing, and the Mailman School of Public Health
- University Hospital Medical Center Introduces David Satcher, MD Clerkship for Rising 4th Year Underrepresented (URM) Medical Students – Deadline: May 15, 2015 (Attachment)
- Connect with the National Minority Association of Pre-Medical/Health Students (SNMA-MAPS) on facebook