AAMC Opportunities for Professionals
Trainings, Conferences and Funding Opportunties for Professionals.
- 2015 American Society of Clinical OncologyDiversity Mentoring Program hosts Diversity Mentoring Program – Application to Request Mentors open 2/17-3/17
- The American Society of Nephrology Partners with Harold Amos Medical Faculty Development Program to Create ASN-AMFDP Award: ASN-AMFDP Award will support career development for a kidney research scholar from a historically disadvantaged background
- PRIME Postdoctoral Research, Instruction, and Mentoring Experience PROGRAM- Accepting POSTDOCTORAL applications for the July 2015 start date. Details are available here.
- McKinsey&Company has released their new report titled “Why Diversity Matters”
- Request for Applications: NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science (R25) – On January 13, 2015, a new funding opportunity announcement was released entitled NIH Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Enhancing Diversity in Biomedical Data Science (R25). The over-arching goal of this BD2K R25 program is to support educational activities that enhance the diversity of the biomedical, behavioral, and clinical research workforce. To accomplish the stated over-arching goal, this FOA will support creative educational activities with a primary focus on research experiences for students and faculty, and for curriculum development. Please direct contact Program Official Dr. Pamela Thornton at [email protected].
- One-Day Workshop on Unconscious Bias in Health Professions: Everyday Bias Workshop for Healthcare Professions – Register Today. Please direct questions to Jessica Vaughan, [email protected],or 202-828-0507.
- ASBMB 2015 Boston Meeting – Please join the ASBMB MAC for sessions on Microbiome Dynamics and Health Disparities.
- The Ruth Kirschstein Diversity in Science Award – The 2015 recipient is Dr. JoAnn Trejo, of the University of California San Diego School of Medicine. Click here to see all ASBMB award winners receiving their awards at the ASBMB Annual Meeting in Boston, March 28-April 1, 2015. Nominations for the 2016 award will open soon.
- Save the Date: The Albuquerque Area Indian Health Board’s (AAIHB) Twelfth Circle of Harmony HIV/AIDS Wellness Conference,“Honoring Community Engagement through Awareness, Prevention, & Care” will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico – April 20nd – 22rd, 2015. Early registration and a Talking Circle will be the evening of April 20, 2015 and ends at 5pm on April 22, 2015.
- HSHPS Professional Development Workshop: Data Systems June 28-30, 2015 at the HHS/National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. The workshop aims to help prepare scholars interested in Hispanic health research strengthen their skills and knowledge to perform analytical studies of national health datasets to better contribute to Hispanic health care research and provision of adequate health care to Hispanics and other underserved populations.
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education Releases its first “Standards of Professional Practice for Chief Diversity Officers.”
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Education Discussion Forum – This forum will provide the NSF Division of Graduate Education (DGE) a direct connection with graduate students, faculty, university administrators, employers, and others who want to contribute to the national dialogue. To get stakeholder input, the DGE will host moderated conversations on this forum.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) Call for Physician Mentors in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, San Antonio, and Los Angeles.