A Selective or Pathway requirement may be fulfilled by an “away” rotation if:
1) it is an approved cataloged elective at an LCME accredited institution.
2) is comparable to:
- a) a Pathway requirement (Radiology, Emergency Medicine, Dermatology, Anesthesiology)
- b) a Pathway Selective (Medical Selective, Surgical Selective or Cardiopulmonary Selective.)
- No Self-Designed Elective at UIC, an affiliated site, or an away institution will be counted as selective credit.
- No retroactive credit will be applied.
- All scheduling requests to add, drop, or change a rotation must be made 4 weeks in advance of the rotation start date. Click here for more information.