Currently Funded Research Studies
1. Michael Abern, M.D. – Prostate Cancer Detection Using a Quantitative Screening MRI Protocol
2. Olu Ajilore, M.D., Ph.D.
- Improving white matter integrity with thyroid hormone
3. Tanvi Bhatt, Ph.D. – Virtual-reality based Cognitive-motor-balance (VR-CogMoBal) training
4. Katie Burkhouse, Ph.D.
- Brain-Behavior Predictors of Prevention Response among Offspring of Depressed Mothers
- Brain and Behavioral Measures of Affect and Motivational Reactivity in Daughters and their Mothers
- Brain-Behavior Markers Of Emotion In Depressed Mothers And Their Daughters
5. Martha Daviglus, M.D., Ph.D.
- Hispanic Community Health Study – Study Of Latinos (HCHS-SOL) – Field Center
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease And Cardiovascular Disease In Hispanics/Latinos (Dr. Jorge Kizer)
- Study of Latinos – Investigator of Neurocognitive Aging II (Dr. H. Gonzales)
6. Frank Gonzalez, M.D. – Treating Inflammation in PCOS to Ameliorate Ovarian Dysfunction
7. Jeffrey Ross, M.D.
- AgeneBio AGB 101 MCD
- T2 Biohaven Alzheimer’s BHV4157-203
- EXERT Study
8. Lisanne Jenkins, Ph.D. – Multimodal brain network predictors of relapse in depression
9. Heide Klumpp, Ph.D. – Transdiagnostic Brain-Behavior Profiling to Enhance Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Response
10. Jeff Kordower, Ph.D. – Genetic Silencing of Striatal CaV1.3 Calcium Channels as a Potent Antidyskinetic Therapy for PD
11. Andreas Linninger, Ph. D– A Vascular Tree Topology Inspired Platform to Compute Intracranial Blood Flow
12. Jun Ma, MD, Ph.D., FAHA, FABMR – Engaging self-regulation targets to understand the mechanisms of behavior change and improve mood and weight outcomes
13. Pauline Maki, Ph.D. – Stellate Ganglion Blockade for the Management of Vasomotor Symptoms
14. Jonathan Stange Ph.D. – From networks to the real world: Integrating neural and autonomic processes of loss
15. Fernando Testai, M.D., Ph.D., FAHA – A Global, Phase 2, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Response-Adaptive Dose- Ranging Study of BMS-986177, an Oral Factor XIa Inhibitor, for the Prevention of New Ischemic Stroke or New Covert Brain Infarction in Patients Receiving Aspirin and Clopidogrel Following Acute Ischemic Stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
16. Krista Varady, Ph.D. – Alternate day fasting combined with exercise for the treatment of NAFLD
17. Xiaohong Joe Zhou, Ph.D.
- Probing lntra-voxel Tissue Heterogeneity Using MRI
- Transition from Acute to Chronic Pain in Total Knee Arthroplasty Patients: Identifying Resilience and Vulnerability Profiles
- Establishing an MRI Protocol for Detecting Hemorrhagic Lesions in Human Pancreas
- Technical Development for Advanced MRI Data Acquisition
- NIH-funded Acute to Chronic Pain Signatures (A2CPS) Program (A2CPS)
Advanced Imaging Center: 2242 West Harrison Street, Chicago, Illinois.