Pre-typeset versions of some articles are avilable on the UIC INDIGO system
– 2013 –
- Atkinson IC, Claiborne TC, Thulborn KR. Feasibility of 39-Potassium MR Imaging of a Human Brain at 9.4 Tesla. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. [in press] [PDF]
- Atkinson IC, Liu G, Obeid N, Thulborn KR, Hwu W-m. Rapid Computation of Sodium Bioscales using GPU-Accelerated Image Reconstruction. International Journal of Imaging Systems and Technology. 2013; 23: 29-35.[PDF]
- Lu A, Atkinson IC, Zhou XJ, Thulborn KR. PCr/ATP Ratio Mapping of the Human Head by Simultaneously Imaging of Multiple Spectral Peaks with InterLeaved Excitations and Flexible Twisted Projection Imaging Readout Trajectories (SIMPLE-TPI) at 9.4 Tesla. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2013; 69):538-44. doi: 10.1002/mrm.24281. [PDF]
– 2012 –
- Atkinson IC, Lu A, Thulborn KR. Quantitative Metabolic MR Imaging of Human Brain Using 17O and 23Na. In MRI of Tissues with Short T2s or T2*s, Bydder, G.M., Fullerton, G.D. and Young, I.R. (eds). John Wiley \& Sons Ltd, Chichester, UK, pp 377-396.
- Atkinson IC, Lu A, Thulborn KR. Quantitative Metabolic MR Imaging of Human Brain Using 17O and 23Na. In Encyclopedia of Magnetic Resonance, eds R. K. Harris and R. E. Wasylishen, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI: 10.1002/9780470034590.emrstm1284. Published 15th June 2012. [abstract]
- Thulborn KR, Atkinson IC, Shon A, Das Gupta NA, Villano JL, Hersonskey TY, Lu A. Sodium Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Management of Human High Grade Brain Tumors. In: Functional Imaging of Brain Tumors. Ed Jay J. Pillai. Springer, NY. (in press)
- Atkinson IC, Lu A, Thulborn KR. Preserving the Accuracy and Resolution of the Sodium Bioscale from Quantitative Sodium MRI during Intra-Subject Alignment across Longitudinal Studies. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2012; 68: 751-761. [PDF]
– 2011 –
- Lu A, Atkinson IC, Vaughn T, Thulborn KR. Impact of Gradient Timing Error on the Tissue Sodium Concentration Bioscale Measured Using Flexible Twisted Projection Imaging. Journal of Magnetic Resonance. 2011; 1:176-181. [PDF]
- Atkinson IC, Lu A, Thulborn KR. Clinically Constrained Optimization of flexTPI Acquisition Parameters for the Tissue Sodium Concentration Bioscale. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2011; 66:1089-1099 [PDF]
- Thulborn KR, Atkinson IC, Lu A. Metabolic Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Case for Bioscales in Medicine. In: Functional Neuroradiology. Eds. Faro S, Mohamed FB. Springer US, NY, NY. 2011. [PDF]
– 2010 –
- Lu A, Atkinson IC, Thulborn KR. Sodium magnetic resonance imaging and its bioscale of tissue sodium concentration. Encyclopedia of Magnetic Resonance, eds-in-chief R. K. Harris and R. E. Wasylishen, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI:10.1002/9780470034590.emrstm1171. Published online 15th September 2010. [PDF]
- Atkinson IC, Sonstegaard R, Pliskin NH, Thulborn KR. Vital Signs and Cognitive Function are Not Affected by 23-Sodium and 17-Oxygen MR Imaging of the Human Brain at 9.4 Tesla. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2010; 32:82–87. [PDF]
- Atkinson IC and Thulborn KR. Feasibility of Mapping the Tissue Mass Corrected Bioscale of Cerebral Metabolic Rate of Oxygen Consumption Using 17-Oxygen and 23-Sodium MR Imaging in a Human Brain at 9.4 Tesla. NeuroImage. 2010; 51:723-733. [PDF]
- Lu A, Atkinson IC, Claiborne T, Damen F, Thulborn KR. Quantitative Sodium Imaging with a Flexible Twisted Projection Pulse Sequence. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2010; 63:1583-1593. [PDF]
– 2009 –
- Thulborn KR, Lu A, Atkinson IC, Damen F, Villano JL. Quantitative sodium MR imaging and sodium bioscales for the management of brain tumors. Neuroimag Clin N Am. 2009; 19:615-624. [PDF]
- Nemani A, Atkinson IC, and Thulborn KR. Investigating the consistency of brain activation using individual trial analysis of high resolution fMRI in the human primary visual cortex. NeuroImage. 2009; 42:1417-1424. [PDF]
- Atkinson IC, Lu A, and Thulborn KR. Characterization and correction of system delays and eddy currents for MR imaging with ultra-short echo-time and time varying gradients. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 2009; 62:532-537. [PDF]
– 2008 –
- Atkinson IC, Kamalabadi F, Jones DL, and Thulborn KR. Blind estimation for localized low contrast-to-noise ratio BOLD signals. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing. 2008; 2:879-890. [PDF]
- Atkinson IC and Kamalabadi F. Basis selection for wavelet processing of sparse signals. Signal Processing. 2008; 88:2340-2345. [PDF]
– 2007 –
- Atkinson IC, Renteria L, Burd H, Pliskin NH, and Thulborn KR. Safety of human MRI at static fields above the FDA 8T guideline: Sodium imaging at 9.4T does not affect vital signs or cognitive ability. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2007; 26:1222-1227. [PDF]
– 2006 –
- Little DM, Shina SS, Siscoa SM, Thulborn KR. Event-related fMRI of category learning: Differences in classification and feedback networks. Brain and Cognition. 2006; 60:244-252.
- Little DM and Thulborn KR. Prototype-distortion category learning: A two-phase learning process across a distributed network. Brain and Cognition. 2006; 60-233-243.
– 2005 –
- Little DM, Silvia SS, Sisco SS, and Thulborn KR. Event-related fMRI of category learning: Differences in classification and feeback networks. Brain and Cognition. 2005; 3:244-252. [PDF]
- Thulborn KR, Davis D, Synder J, Yonas H, and Kassam A. Sodium MR imaging of acute and subacute stroke for assessment of tissue viability. Neuroimaging Clinics of North America. 2005; 15:639-653. [PDF]
- Zhu Y, Thulborn K, Curnyn K, and Goodwin J. Sixth cranial nerve palsy caused by compression from a dolichoectatic vertebral artery. J Neuroophthalmol. 2005; 25:134-135.
– 2004 –
- Laatsch L, Little D, and Thulborn K. Changes in fMRI following cognitive rehabilitation in severe traumatic brain injury: A case study. Rehabilitation Psychology, 2004; 49:262–267.
- Little DM, Klein R, Shobat DM, McClure ED, Thulborn KR: Changing patterns of brain activation during category learning revealed by functional MRI. Cognitive Brain Research. 2004; 22:84-93.
- Laatsch LK, Thulborn KR, Krisky CM, Shobat DM, and Sweeney JA. Investigating the neurobiological basis of cognitive rehabilitation therapy with fMRI. Brain Inj. 2004;18:957-74.
– 2002 –
- Rosano C, Krisky CM, Welling JS, Eddy WF, Luna B, Thulborn KR, and Sweeney JA. Pursuit and saccadic eye movement subregions in human frontal eye field: A high-resolution fMRI investigation. Cereb Cortex. 2002; 12:107-15. [PDF]
- Kurata J, Thulborn KR, Gyulai FE, and Firestone LL. Early decay of pain-related cerebral activation in functional magnetic resonance imaging: comparison with visual and motor tasks. Anesthesiology. 2002; 96:35-44.
– 2001 –
- von Tscharner V and Thulborn KR. Specified-resolution wavelet analysis of activation patterns from BOLD contrast fMRI. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2001; 20:704-714.
- Just MA, Carpenter PA, Keller TA, Emery L, Zajac H, and Thulborn KR. Interdependence of nonoverlapping cortical systems in dual cognitive tasks. 2001; 14:417-426.
- Luna B, Thulborn KR, Munoz DP, Merriam EP, Garver KE, Minshew NJ, Keshavan MS, Genovese CR, Eddy WF, and Sweeney JA. Maturation of widely distributed brain function subserves cognitive development. Neuroimage. 2001; 13:786-93.