Message from the Director
Welcome to the Center for Global Health at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine!
We bring our passion and expertise in global health to many areas of the world, and together with our international partners we bring back a world of knowledge and experience to UIC.
Our mission is to improve the health of populations and individuals around the world, and to reduce health disparities. We collaboratively conduct trans-disciplinary research, train the next generations of global health leaders, and build the capacities of global and local partners.
We would like you to be part of our global journey and become a friend of UIC Center for Global Health. Here are some proposals for you:
- Get to know our faculty and students, each of whom are pursuing remarkable activities.
- Attend our network meetings, where we feature a visiting or local speaker on global health topics.
- Invite one of our faculty to come and speak to your group or organization.
- Donate to the Center for Global Health for either general support or for a specific existing or new activity or program.
- Reach out to us if you have a particular area of interest in global medicine that you would like to explore.
- Thank you for your interest in the Center for Global Health.
Stevan Weine M.D.
Director, Global Medicine
UIC Center for Global Health
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine