We encourage residents to engage in projects that enhance their interests, career development and engagement with the pediatric field. Many residents continue their scholarly activity throughout their residency, and even choose to continue their projects after graduation.
Recent Scholarly Activities:
- Connecting early childhood education and medical homes. Saavedra J, Saoud K. Oral presentation at Pediatric Academic Society national meeting. April 2019
- Headache in an adolescent. Rabago J, Ahmad S, Antoon J. Annals of Pediatrics. June 2019
- Screening for toxic stress risk factors at well-child visits: The addressing social key questions for health study. Selvaraj K, Ruiz MJ, Aschkenasy J, Chang JD, et al. Journal of Pediatrics. Feb 2019.
- Enuresis in children and adolescents with sickle cell anaemia is more frequent and substantially different from the general population. Esezobor CI, Akintan P, Nwaogazie U, et al. PLOS One. Aug 2018.
- Abnormal diastolic blood pressure trends in very low birth weight infants following acute kidney injury. K Kellner, A Pham, A Schwartz, N Srinivasan. Midwest Society for Pediatric Research Program. Oct 2018.
- Pediatric residents’ assessment of atopic dermatitis severity for risk assessment of early peanut introduction. Shea J, Martusiewicz M, Bilaver LA, Aktas ON, et al. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Aug 2018.
- Role of natural killer cells in lung cancer. Aktas ON, Ozturk AB, Erman B, et al. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. Jun 2018.