Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago Pediatric Residency Program and the Children’s Hospital of the University of Illinois. We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and all positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Applications will be reviewed holistically, and select applicants will be invited for an interview, based on their fit for our program. We recognize that some applicants will have experienced disruptions to their clerkships, or will have had non-traditional clerkships, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will consider this carefully as we review applications.
Please respond promptly to interview requests, and schedule interviews through ERAS. Applicants have at least 48 hours to sign up for an interview before the slot may be released to another applicant. Applicants will be interviewed in November, December, January, and February. Applicants are responsible for making sure that their files are complete.
We have no set criteria or minimum requirements for our applicants. We consider each candidate on an individual basis and make a decision to interview after reviewing the application in its entirety. We offer 13 PGY1 positions. Our NRMP number is #1150320CO.
• Completed ERAS application
• Dean’s letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
• Transcript from medical school
• USMLE or COMLEX Step 1
• USMLE or COMLEX Step 2 CK, if available. Scores are required to be submitted by March 3, 2021.
• Letters of recommendation (3 or more):
• Letters should be from physicians who know you well and have worked with you in the last two years
• At least one letter should be from a pediatrician
• A departmental letter is not required
Only applications received through ERAS will be considered, and applicants are required to be ECFMG certified. The UIC Pediatric Residency Program sponsors J-1 visas. Although we do not require prior clinical experience in the US, it is preferred.
If you any further questions about the UIC Pediatric Residency Program, please contact:
Education & Residency Coordinator
P: (312) 996-6101
F: (312) 996-5327
E-mail: [email protected]