We are excited for the upcoming virtual interview season. As you are preparing for the recruitment season, we wanted to share some information about how you can learn more about our program and what you can expect for our interview process this year.
- How can you learn more about our program?
- Please look at our website! We continue to update it regularly and hope you will find useful information about the details of our program.
- Please follow us on Instagram! This is a great way to see what we are doing in our program and learn more about our residents. @uicpedsresidency
- Where can you learn more about us through a virtual open house?
- We have decided not to host a virtual open house. We know that applicants are interested in learning more about our program, and we hope that you can do this through our website and through Instagram. We know you are busy and that not all applicants are able to attend virtual open houses due to many other responsibilities, and we want to maintain uniformity within the application process.
- We will attend the APPD/COMSEP #PedsMatch23 Webinar Series through the Midwest region. Please follow @FuturePedsRes for more information, and we hope to see you there!
- We will not consider applicants’ attendance at the #PedsMatch23 Webinar Series when determining who to invite for an interview. We recognize not everyone will be able to attend, and that is ok!
- What can you expect as we review applications this year?
- We will review all applications submitted through ERAS, and all positions will be filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- We will review all applicants holistically, looking closely at applicants’ experiences and considering these in terms of how they meet the mission of UIC Pediatrics.
- Please respond promptly to interview requests, and schedule interviews through ERAS. Applicants have at least 48 hours to schedule their interview before additional applicants will be invited.
- Applicants are responsible for making sure that their files are complete.
- We offer 12 positions. Our NRMP number is #1150320CO.
- What are our application requirements?
- Completed ERAS application
- Dean’s letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
- Transcript from medical school
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1
- USMLE Step 2 or COMLEX Level 2, if available
- Letters of recommendation (at least 3)
- At least one letter from a pediatrician
- We do not require a departmental/chair letter
- Letters should be from physicians who have worked closely with you in the last 2 years
- International Applicants: Applicants are required to be ECFMG-certified. The UIC Pediatrics Residency Program sponsors J-1 visas. Although we do not require prior clinical experience in the US, it is preferred.
- What will our interview day look like?
- All interviews will be conducted virtually, using Zoom as our internet platform.
- We will provide additional information closer to the start of interviews.
- Our interview day will be from 7:45 AM to 2 PM, CST and will include:
- Attendance at morning report
- 1 interview with a program director
- 1 interview with a faculty member
- 1 interview with a resident or chief resident
- Breakout room Q/A session with residents
- Q/A with program director
- A lot of opportunity for breaks!
- We will host optional evening social events with residents
- When will our interviews take place?
- We will be interviewing on a number of days, ranging from late October through late January
If you any further questions about the UIC Pediatric Residency Program, please contact:
Education & Residency Coordinator
P: (312) 996-6101
F: (312) 996-5327
E-mail: [email protected]