Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago Pediatric Residency Program and the Children’s Hospital of the University of Illinois. Our program only accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and all positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
• Dean’s letter (Medical Student Performance Evaluation)
• Transcript from medical school
• USMLE Step 1 scores; COMLEX scores accepted for osteopathic students
• USMLE Step 2 scores (if available); COMLEX scores accepted for osteopathic students
• Letters of recommendation:
o At least 3 letters of recommendation, preferably from physicians who know you well and have
worked with you in the last two years
o A chairperson’s letter is not required
At the current time we have no set criteria or minimum requirements for our applicants. We consider each candidate on an individual basis and make a decision to interview after reviewing each file. We offer 13 PGY1 positions. Our NRMP number is #1150320CO.
Education & Residency Coordinator
P: (312) 996-6101
F: (312) 996-5327