○ First year residents will receive the complete AAO Basic and Clinical Science Series Volume in the print set or eBook version.
○ PGY2 and PGY4 residents are provided between $450-$850 for call that can be used at the hospital cafeteria and cafe.
○ Our program also offers residents onsite access to our ophthalmology library (we also have our own librarian), wet-lab, and resident lounge. The Infirmary is within walking distance to the UIC gym, medical bookstore, and restaurants.
○ Excused clinical duties to attend multiple subspecialty symposia throughout the year, as well as other ophthalmologic society meetings within Chicago.
○ Saturday lectures given by prominent faculty and experts within the various subspecialties. These lectures are hosted at UIC and attended by all the Chicagoland residency programs.
○ Free admission and excused clinical duties to attend an intensive board review series, the Illinois Eye Review, given annually.