The goals of the pediatric ophthalmology fellowship will be:
- To develop diagnostic and surgical skills necessary to properly treat common and rare ophthalmologic problems in children.
- To expand knowledge and develop examination and surgical skills in all areas of strabismus in both children and adults.
- To participate in clinical or basic science research projects.
- To participate in pediatric ophthalmology programs with the Department and community. Examples: journal clubs, resident lectures and vision screening within the community.
- To meet the guidelines established by the Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus for a fellowship program.