Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
The Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility at the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art fertility treatments for couples who have been unable to achieve a successful pregnancy, and to advance our knowledge of reproductive disorders through ground-breaking translational research. The Division consists of nationally recognized physicians and scientists who are at the forefront of infertility and pregnancy loss evaluation and management and the understanding of reproductive disorders.
The Division’s clinical research covers many aspects of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss, including studies on assisted reproductive technology impact on couples with infertility, long term consequences of fertility medication on women’s health, and the genomics of miscarriage. The Division also conducts molecular research on endometrial factors affecting embryo implantation.
This combination of clinical and research endeavors in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility provides a unique opportunity to meet the needs of the most unique patients with reproductive issues.
The Division is seeking funding to promote studies in patients with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss and to remain at the forefront of reproductive research. This is a summary of ongoing projects in the areas of infertility and reproduction.
Current Faculty and Fellow Research
- Treating Inflammation in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome to Ameliorate Ovarian Dysfunction
- Extended Follow-up of Women Evaluated and Treated for Infertility
- Oocyte Cryopreservation for Medical and Non Medical Indications
- Impact of Maternal Race, Ethnicity, and Thyroid Autoimmunity on Thyroid Function and Clinical Pregnancy Rates and Outcomes in Women Undergoing Controlled Ovarian Stimulation During In Vitro Fertilization
- The Impact of Endometrial Scratching and Chronic Endometriosis on IVF Pregnancy and Pregnancy Loss Rates
- University of Illinois IVF Database Project
- Utility of Endometrial Human Herpesvirus 6 (HHV6) in Infertility After In Vitro Fertilization
- The University of Illinois Reproductive Loss Project
- Optimal Treatment for Women with a Persisting Pregnancy of Unknown Location- A Randomized Clinical Trial of Women at Risk for an Ectopic Pregnancy: Active Treatment versus Expectant Management (No Treatment) – The “ACTorNOT TRIAL”
- Genomic Changes in Human Miscarriages and their Functional Consequences
- Thyrotropin Trends and Pregnancy Outcomes Related to Thyroid Autoimmunity in Women with Recurrent Early Pregnancy Loss
- ALIFE2: Anticoagulants for Living Fetuses in Women with Recurrent Miscarriage and Inherited Thrombophilia 2
- Viable ongoing pregnancies after initially slow hCG rise over 48 hours
- Does AMH Correlate with Oocyte Health in Patients with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss?
- RUST: The Randomized Uterine Septum Transection Trial
- The Impact of Septate Uterus on Pregnancy Outcomes in Women with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Are Women with Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and Elevated C-Reactive Protein (CRP) at an increased Risk for Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes?