Sergey Neckrysh MDAssistant Professor & Chief, Spine Surgery Section
For appointments call (312)996-4842
Assistant Professor SUNY Upstate Medical University
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, ILMedical School:
Moscow Sechenov Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Spine surgery including vascular malformations, degenerative disease, tumors, trauma, minimally invasive spine surgery, and complex instrumentation.
- Skull Base and Tumor Surgery: including acoustics, meningiomas, pituitary tumors and endoscopic surgery.
- New and emerging technologies in spinal surgery
- Spine biomechanics
- President of Russian Federation Scholarship
- Yusupov IR, Neckrysh S, Fredrickson BE. Adult Low-Grade Spondylolisthesis. Conservative Treatment vs. Surgery. Vacarro AR (ed): Controversies in Spine Surgery: Evidence-Based Treatment Recommendations. Thieme 2010.
- Herrera SR, Chan M, Alaraj AM, Neckrysh S, Lemole MG, Slavin KV, Charbel FT, Amin-Hanjani S. CT Ventriculography for diagnosis of occult ventricular cysticerci. Surg Neurol Int 2010;1:92
- Siemionow KB, Neckrysh S. Anterior Approach for Complex Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. Orthop Clin North Am. 2012 Jan;43(1):41-52
- Nekrysh SY. Association between heritable connective tissue disorders and intracranial aneurysms. Surg Neurol. 2000 Jul;54(1):77-8. Review.
- Neckrysh S, Lemole GM Jr, Charbel FT. Vascular lesions of the spinal cord, in Kim D, Henn JS, Dickman CA, Vacarro AR (ed): Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine: Philadelphia, Elsevier, 2006, pp 486-498.
- Neckrysh S, Valyi-Nagy T, Charbel FT. Neuroenteric cyst of the anterior cranial fossa. Surg Neurol. 2006 Feb;65(2):142-8; discussion 148-9. Review.
- Lemole GM Jr, Banerjee PP, Luciano C, Neckrysh S, Charbel FT. Virtual reality in neurosurgical education: part-task ventriculostomy simulation with dynamic visual and haptic feedback. Neurosurgery. 2007 Jul;61(1):142-8; discussion 148-9. Review.
- Jho DH, Neckrysh S, Hardman J, Charbel FT, Amin-Hanjani S. Ethylene oxide gas sterilization: a simple technique for storing explanted skull bone. Technical note. J Neurosurg.2007 Aug;107(2):440-5.
Sergey Neckrysh, M.D. Full Bio (.docx)
Andreas A. Linninger, PhD
Department of Bioengineering
Meide Zhao, PhD
Department of Neurosurgery
Visiting Research Assistant Professor
Joe Zhou, PhD
Department of Neurosurgery and Radiology
Prashant Banerjee, PhD
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Keith Thulborn, MD, PhD
Director, Center for Magnetic Resonance Research
Acute Care Nurse Practitioners:
Katherine W. Walsh, RN, MSN, ACNP-CS
Clinical Program Director, Illinois Stroke Institute
Sybille Nelson, RN, MSN, ACNP-CS
Robert Gottschalk, NP
Grace Mazurek, NP
Rita Berendt, NP
Allison Blood, BSN, MSN, FNP-CS
Christy Gomez, BSN, MSN, AG-ACNP
Laurie Smith, RN
Leslie Stangel, RN
Jeffrey Jopes, MBA
Director of Administrative Operations
Program Coodinator for Educational Services
Linda Rose-Finnell, MPA, CCRA