Sergey Neckrysh MDAssistant Professor & Chief, Spine Surgery Section
For appointments call (312)996-4842
Assistant Professor SUNY Upstate Medical University
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, ILMedical School:
Moscow Sechenov Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Spine surgery including vascular malformations, degenerative disease, tumors, trauma, minimally invasive spine surgery, and complex instrumentation.
- Skull Base and Tumor Surgery: including acoustics, meningiomas, pituitary tumors and endoscopic surgery.
- New and emerging technologies in spinal surgery
- Spine biomechanics
- President of Russian Federation Scholarship
- Yusupov IR, Neckrysh S, Fredrickson BE. Adult Low-Grade Spondylolisthesis. Conservative Treatment vs. Surgery. Vacarro AR (ed): Controversies in Spine Surgery: Evidence-Based Treatment Recommendations. Thieme 2010.
- Herrera SR, Chan M, Alaraj AM, Neckrysh S, Lemole MG, Slavin KV, Charbel FT, Amin-Hanjani S. CT Ventriculography for diagnosis of occult ventricular cysticerci. Surg Neurol Int 2010;1:92
- Siemionow KB, Neckrysh S. Anterior Approach for Complex Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. Orthop Clin North Am. 2012 Jan;43(1):41-52
- Nekrysh SY. Association between heritable connective tissue disorders and intracranial aneurysms. Surg Neurol. 2000 Jul;54(1):77-8. Review.
- Neckrysh S, Lemole GM Jr, Charbel FT. Vascular lesions of the spinal cord, in Kim D, Henn JS, Dickman CA, Vacarro AR (ed): Surgical Anatomy and Techniques to the Spine: Philadelphia, Elsevier, 2006, pp 486-498.
- Neckrysh S, Valyi-Nagy T, Charbel FT. Neuroenteric cyst of the anterior cranial fossa. Surg Neurol. 2006 Feb;65(2):142-8; discussion 148-9. Review.
- Lemole GM Jr, Banerjee PP, Luciano C, Neckrysh S, Charbel FT. Virtual reality in neurosurgical education: part-task ventriculostomy simulation with dynamic visual and haptic feedback. Neurosurgery. 2007 Jul;61(1):142-8; discussion 148-9. Review.
- Jho DH, Neckrysh S, Hardman J, Charbel FT, Amin-Hanjani S. Ethylene oxide gas sterilization: a simple technique for storing explanted skull bone. Technical note. J Neurosurg.2007 Aug;107(2):440-5.
Sergey Neckrysh, M.D. Full Bio (.docx)